Border Free Travels is taking applications now for our SPRING/SUMMER 2017 Marketing/PR internship beginning MARCH.
Deadline for submissions is February 17th, 2017.
ABOUT BORDER FREE TRAVELS:
Border Free Travels is both a Creative Agency + Online Travel Magazine.
Border Free Travels lifestyle + wanderlust website is full of adventure, nature and always a little luxury. We focus on inspiring travel where our adventurous followers go out into the world and live the life they love – whatever – and wherever that may be. We love… off the beaten path adventures, meeting locals, handmade things, products from the earth, glamping, luxury boutique hotels and b and b’s, street food and farm to table eats, challenging hikes, riding, cycling and trying just about anything outside of our comfort zone. BFT also infuses health, wellness, style, and beauty into our site.
Border Free Travels Creative Agency works with clients globally, many related to travel, but some not. Using a forward-thinking approach to creative vision, BFT produces concepts that captivate attention and calls to action. Socially savvy in film, photography, and copywriting, founder Kristen Kellogg takes a unique approach to each lifestyle campaign and client. We pride our company on creating a genuine connection between our client and their target audience, cultivating a long lasting relationship between brand and consumer. We only work with brands we truly believe in and would use ourselves.
WHAT WE DO:
– Film Production
– Copy Writing
– Social Media Management
– Influencer Marketing Campaigns
Border Free Travels is looking for a dynamic summer intern to begin immediately assisting with public relations, marketing, social media, working creatively with existing clients, and bringing on new clients including for travel and lifestyle campaigns. This is a fall internship beginning September 1st – December 31st 20-30 hours a week, unpaid with college credit and potential to earn commission on sponsorships brought in for travel films as well as new clients.
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
– Must Love learning about brands and businesses.
– Can take initiative + is a self starter
– Enjoys R + D
– Interested in lifestyle brands, branding, destination marketing, tourism, hotels, and real estate
– Has a great grasp on social media knowledge: twitter, Instagram, snapchat, Pinterest, and Facebook.
– Understands how to write captivating press releases that grab editors attention
– Has an excellent grasp on WordPress + Mail Chimp + Photoshop + InDesign
– Excellent communication skills, great at relationship building
– Sense of Humor, witty and thinks on his/her feet
– Has an interest in photography, film, copywriting, and being generally creative
– Motivated self starter and works well remotely
BENEFITS & PERKS:
You will learn lifelong skills you can use in any industry, including public relations, marketing, pitching, and the value and art of content creation. If a good fit, there is potential to take on a position with Border Free Travels at commencement of the internship. We really are looking for someone to grow with our brand and be in it for the long haul.
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
DUTIES include but are not limited to:
– Maintain monthly content calendar for BFT + clients
– Client social media management
– Editing, formatting and posting weekly travel newsletter + creating + formatting client newsletters.
– Research destinations, emerging travel trends, new technologies, travel style, and writes weekly blog posts
– Edits blog/ blog posts -SEO optimizing blog posts, you tube videos and other posts and videos. -Brainstorms new non-traditional creative ways to reach the Border Free Travels audience.
– Outreach and pitching tourism boards and brands for creative partnerships. -Works on growth of social media channels.
– Sends press releases about new projects launched to gain interest and secure write-ups in larger magazines and hosted interviews on television networks.
– Updates Media Kit + Pitch Deck
This is a virtual unpaid internship that can be done for college credit.
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a personal note on what you are the ideal person to join our team. Applications due by Friday, February 17th — (earlier is always better).
***PLEASE…do not send a cookie cutter copy and pasted cover letter about yourself to us. Before submitting your resume and cover letter, thoroughly check out our website including clients we have worked with, look over our Instagram account, and tell us what you like about our brand, why you would like to work with us, and why you would be the ideal candidate. Good luck!